During the NBA season FST brings you our Fantasy Basketball Waiver Wire Pickups, which breaks down players available in many leagues that could have an immediate impact on your fantasy roster, or simply just players to keep on your radar. Let’s take a look at some players at each position that might be worthy of scooping off the waiver wire heading into Week 6 of the NBA season. If you have any waiver wire questions, feel free to post them in our Fantasy Basketball Forum.

Point Guards

Ricky Rubio MIN | PG

Ricky Rubio is currently out with injury, but remains on track to debut in mid-to-late December. He showed last year before the ACL injury that he was a great passer, but he has not yet figured out a way to score in the NBA. His shooting percentage from last year should increase drastically as heíll be one of the top passing point guards in the league when he returns. Due to injury, he is still available in 25% of leagues and he should be a good pickup right before he returns. Getting Rubio off the waiver wire could be a huge improvement to your teamís chances to winning the league. (about 75% owned)
Recommendation: Add in all leagues

Jeremy Pargo CLE | PG

Pargo is currently filling in for the injured Kyrie Irving and is showing that he is capable of that task. He is a very talented scorer, but is not exactly the best passing point guard in the league. His stats are similar to Ramon Sessions with fewer points. Pargo will be a band-aid to any injury plague that is currently facing your team at the point guard position. (about 40% owned)
Recommendation: Add in all deep leagues

Shooting Guards

Kyle Korver ATL | SG/SF

Kyle Korver is one of the best 3-point shooters in the league every year and it is continuing this year. Making an impressive 2.7 threes a game, Korver is performing very well after leaving Chicago for Atlanta. Atlanta currently has a lack of depth at the small forward position and Korver coming off the bench is being forced to lead most of the bench in scoring. You will not receive much in assists or rebounds, but if you need 3-pointers then he is one to add. (about 45% owned)
Recommendation: Add if you need threes

Gary Neal SA | PG/SG

Gary Neal is a great shooter and is currently starting at the shooting guard position in San Antonio. Anytime that he is on the court whether filling in for Tony Parker at the point guard position or starting at the shooting guard position he has usually performed very well. Multiple times last year he was added to 100% whenever Parker or Manu was out. Neal is an elite marksmen from downtown and also a great passer as well. He should perform very well at the shooting guard so it would be wise to ride out his hot streak currently. (about 1% owned)
Recommendation: Add in all deep leagues and watch for standard

Small Forwards

Alonzo Gee CLE | SG/SF

My favorite part about Alonzo Gee is his across the board production. He is a good rebounder and a good defender at 1.7 steals per game. With Kyrie out Alonzo has been stepping up and performing well with Kyrie out. Alonzo is not going to become a household name but he could easily begin to be mentioned by fantasy players. His production is a lot like Andre Iguodala but without the 3 pointers. Picking up Gee right now is a great value and should help you out in all leagues. (about 35% owned)
Recommendation: Add in all leagues

Kawhi Leonard SA | SG/SF

Before Leonard was injured he was having a fantastic fantasy season to begin. Since he was injured he was dropped by most owners and he is set to return Dec. 1 against Memphis. With Leonard you will get a high FG% as he shot .493% before he went out along with 2 steals a game. Leonard is an underrated player that the fantasy lovers have come to love. Leonard plays great defense. With Stephen Jackson still out, with injury Leonard will only be receiving more playing time which means more fantasy stats. He is a must add in all leagues. (about 49% owned)
Recommendation: Add in all leagues

Power Forwards

Ersan Ilyasova MIL | SF/PF

Ersan started off the season slow, but I’m expecting a great surge back into fantasy love whenever he comes back. He hasn’t pleased his owners so far so people have dropped him, but after his season last year I going to hope that he can come back. In his first game coming off the bench he had 18 points and 6 rebounds. He could fall out of favor with Coach Scott Skiles so he is one to watch, but not one to add. (about 40% owned)
Recommendation: One to watch

Patrick Patterson HOU | PF

Patrick Patterson is currently becoming a monster in Houston with the minutes that he has been receiving. Patrick Patterson is not a name that most people know but he will be if he continues as he has been. With all the pressure on Harden, Patterson has been exceeding expectations shooting a nice .515% going along 14 points a game. One thing I also like about Patterson is his ability to make 3-pointers. His rebounding doesn’t meet above average power forward position, but he is average getting around 5 a game. (about 20% owned)
Recommendation: Add in all leagues

Centers

Jonas Valanciunas TOR | C

Jonas is currently a rookie dealing with rookie problems. He is having a very hard time staying in the game due to a high volume of fouls whenever he is on the court. He is doing well on the FG% shooting a nice .525%. His scoring is inconsistent. So is his rebounding, but they should improve as the season goes by. Currently with stats and the minutes that he is receiving he will not be added in 10-team leagues but anyone in a deep league should look at Jonas as a Buy-Low-Option. Jonas should be able to get over his foul problems and earn his minutes by All Star Break. Jonas is far from a bad center but there is only upside with him as the season progresses. (about 65% owned)
Recommendation: Add in deep leagues and one to watch for standard leagues

Robin Lopez NO | C

Robin Lopez plays with a lot of energy which reminds me a lot of Anderson Varejao. Whenever you watch the New Orleans Hornets you can notice whenever Lopez comes in that there is hustle on the defense and rebounding side for the Hornets. Robin plays a very good Robin to Anthony Davis’ Batman, and should continue whenever Davis is out with injury Lopez will deliver. He is not exactly the most consistent player on scoring but he is performing well from night to night. He also is a very good blocker averaging 2.2 blocks a game which is good for a fantasy team like is currently having problems with injured centers. He is a good pick up while Davis is out. (about 35% owned)
Recommendation: Add in all deep leagues